Warning after children caught setting fire to petrol can in Shrewsbury
Children were caught setting fire to a petrol can in Shrewsbury.
Firefighters were called out to Hearne Way in Monkmoor after the youngsters were spotted.
Derek Taylor, Shropshire Fire and Rescue's fire crime officer, took to Twitter to warn others against following suit.
"Petrol is extremely flammable," he said. "They were lucky not to have been injured."
One fire crew was sent to Monkmoor from Shrewsbury to deal with the fire.
They were sent at around 5.30pm yesterday and left around 10 minutes later.