Advertising

Rubbish on fire at Shrewsbury chip shop

By Rob Smith | Shrewsbury | News | Published: | Last Updated:

A fire involving rubbish at a chip shop had to be extinguished by firefighters.

Firefighters were called to Arki's Fish Bar in Shrewsbury at about 7pm on Thursday after the fire started.

Two adjoining properties were evacuated for safety reasons, a fire service spokeswoman said.

Firefighters used extinguishers, a hose and wore breathing apparatus to bring it under control.

Rob Smith

By Rob Smith
Reporter

Senior reporter for the Shropshire Star based at Ketley in Telford.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News