Advertising

Warning after candle sets Craven Arms house on fire

By Rory Smith | Craven Arms | News | Published:

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service have issued a warning to people using candles after a house caught fire in Craven Arms.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue ahead of Remembrance Sunday

Fire crews were sent to reports of a property fire which involved a coffee table at an address in Lambeth Close.

Crews sent two appliances from Church Stretton and Craven Arms to the blaze, which started from a candle on a coffee table.

The fire started at about 10.25am on Thursday morning and crews, including an operations officer, put the fire out in under 10 minutes.

Craven Arms Fire Station's Twitter account posted: "Incident 10.25 we were alerted to a house fire in Craven Arms with Church Stretton and @SFRS_JimBarker @SFRS_Control small fire caused by a candle.

"Please be careful when using candles."

The station also paid tribute to the fallen ahead of Remembrance Sunday, fitting a poppy on the front of one of its fire engines.

Rory Smith

By Rory Smith
Reporter - @rorysmith_star

Trainee news reporter based at the Shropshire Star's Ketley office in Telford.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top stories

Advertising

More from Shropshire Star

Advertising

UK & International News